Interview preparation because the interview provides you the opportunity to expand on the details you provided in your CV, application form & Cover Letter and a real chance to get the job!!
As with most things, advance preparation is the key to success; time spent preparing beforehand will help you get the result you want. The more prepared you are, the more in control you will feel and you will be less nervous before and during the interview.
You will also be more prompt with your responses and succinct in your answering.
Below are some tips to ensure that on the day you are confident and knowledgeable to deliver informed answers to the interview questions;
- Review the application form you submitted.
- Revisit the Job Specification to ensure you are fully aware of what it entails.
- Research the company; visit website, know products/services and some competitors.
- Have some idea of what you would do in your first weeks or months in the role.
- Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses; what you can bring to the role and what challenges you might face. Link this with the Job Specification.
- Have reasons for why you are looking for a new position.
- Explain why you are interested in this role & employer.
- Listen to the questions; answer clearly and concisely.
- Prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview.
- Make eye contact with the interviewer or interviewers.
- Forget to research the company/role.
- Be late .
- Don’t Waffle.
- Talk badly about your previous/current employer.
- Answer, play or use your mobile phone.
- Do not lie.