CV Design really is important. There is no substitute for a good CV. Employers, hiring managers & recruiters will have a multitude CVs to work through and will spend just a number of seconds looking at each CV before making the decision to accept or reject.
Whether you are a school-leaver, graduate or an experienced professional, a great CV design will help grab attention and avoid a quick rejection. Your CV should showcase what you have to offer; your experience, skills and achievements. The aim of the CV is to get you an interview-in the interview, you can work on getting the job! With this in mind the best approach is to keep it simple; in a format that clearly and concisely shows your;
- Contact information
- Professional profile
- Work experience
- Key skills
- Education and qualification
- Your CV design is clear and easy to read?
- The layout logical, beginning with your most recent employment?
- It show yours experience, qualifications, and skills
- Your employment history is complete with no unexplained gaps.
- Does your CV standout and showcase you as a quality candidate?
- There are no spelling or grammar mistakes.
Remember, your CV is your shop window; a marketing tool to sell you as a strong candidate; it should be clear, confident and focused. However, selling yourself is not easy for everybody; we often feel a little awkward promoting ourselves, and just as often overlook some of our best selling points.
That’s why having someone else do your CV can be of real benefit; and this is where we can help and provide you with a professional, expert perspective to create your best CV.